I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and I receive regular supervision from a BACP accredited supervisor.
I have studied with the University of Salford since 2006. Completing my Bachelor of Science joint honours degree in Psychology and Counselling in 2009, and in 2016 received my Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling.
I have worked for numerous Employee Assistant Services offering telephone and face to face support. I currently work within a large private health organisation offering one off support, crisis support and completing assessments, recommendations and referrals for many mental health conditions.
I have worked closely with bereavement charity’s, with children and young people in homes and educational settings and also within the LGBTQ community.
Qualifications / Further training
- BSc Psychology and Counselling Studies
- PgDip Psychotherapy and Counselling Professional Practice
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Child and Adult Safeguarding Level 3
- Level 3 Award in Child Psychology
- Diploma in Challenging Behaviour in Children and Young People
- ASIST – Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- CID – Critical Incident Debriefing
- Working with victims of abuse – Broken Rainbow